24 November 2009

Who is the "Pasta Puncher?" Even He Doesn't Know!

     Anyone who's been reading my blog has read the story of the "Punching of the Pasta." If not, here's a link.  


     There were several eyewitnesses to this act of violence and intimidation, including myself, and when the story was relayed to fellow employees at this establishment, not one had trouble believing that the incident in question took place. Recently, I was informed by a former colleague that the person who perpetrated the pasta punching saw my post on the incident, and VEHEMENTLY DENIED that the story was about him.          
     This type of behavior is indicative of SOCIOPATHIC tendencies. Emphasis on points 2,4,5,6,7,8, 10, and 16. That's 8 points out of 20. Almost halfway to full blown sociopathy. As a matter of fact, most independent restaurant operators I've worked for show some, if not all, of these behaviors.
     This is what we are facing, people. A group of individuals whose behaviors are or border on a CLINICALLY DIAGNOSABLE MENTAL DISORDER!  It's one thing to lose your temper and apologize after the fact, but to categorically deny that the incident took place is madness. 

    I've tried to not name name's on this blog, but the denial of this incident pushed me over the edge.


    Jim Casciano, owner of Box Seats restaurants in Smithfield and Woonsocket, RI, IS the pasta puncher.
    He's also the man who fired me halfway through my recuperation for a broken ankle. He also has a tendency to berate and belittle his employees in front of customers. Whatever BS reason he gave me for letting me go, the real reason is the almighty dollar. After three weeks of not having to pay his kitchen manager, and seeing the payroll savings, I was let go to maximize profits. 
     Jim, if you read this, you are a sad, lonely, small child in a very large body. Your wife is a saint for putting up with your particular brand of bullshit. You should thank your lucky stars everyday she stays with you. Your employees don't like, or respect you.  The reason you've kept help as long as you have isn't out of loyalty to you, it's their own laziness. Every one of your employees has a story about you lying to their faces. Childish prevarication and tyranny is not an effective management technique. Keep watching the paperwork, I want you to have an accurate record of your business failing. Maybe if you weren't such a flaming asshole, I'd feel sorry for you. But I don't. 
     Mark Twain is quoted as saying, "A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory." Smart man. Jim, I hope you improve your memory, and your conscience, by proxy.

Love, Peace, and Bacon grease!

2 comments:

Gregg D said...

Firstly, DAMN DUDE! That's a lot of vitriol.
Um, I wouldn't provoke people that display so many sociopathic tendencies publicly. But you're more a misanthrope than I ever will be, so hats off to you.

Jay F said...

The saddest, and funniest, part of this story is that it's entirely true. Witnessing the event first hand, while being sprayed with pasta and alfredo sauce, i could only stare in amazement. My immediate reaction was fear, being a noob to the line cook occupation, simple mistakes were far from beyond me. From this point forward i was always looking over my shoulder, never knowing when he was gonna flip out on me for something i had no idea i did. None the less i stood by as he belittled waitress' over trivial matters and blamed cooks personally for the lack of business. I said to myself, stick with it, its good money for a part time job, i can deal with his ridiculous demands and two faced personality. However, every man has his breaking point and Jim hit mine when he tried to directly blame me for the lack of business. I told him to go to hell and walked right out of the kitchen. To potential customers of that sad excuse for a restaurant operator i have this to say, dont buy his public personality. His fake interest in anything you have to say is really just his way of coaxing and prodding you to spend more money and fatten his wallet. In the weeks since walking out ive been thinking of the most honest catch phrase for his restaurant and came up with this. Box Seats! Where the bottom line matters more than you!!